Friday, August 10, 2007

Our Arrival Photos from August 1

It’s been pretty hectic around here, so Mimi JUST emailed me the pictures of our DFW arrival. As you can see, Zoe was first through the doors to the baggage claim area – Maya and I actually got stuck in the revolving doors! After Maya stepped into the revolving doors, she came to a dead halt, so I had to stop to keep from running her over. The automatic revolving doors did not stop! My rolling carry-on got stuck, and I had to tug mightily to get it through with the help of another traveler who yanked at the door. But we all made it, slightly the worse for wear and completely rumpled. It shows that we’ve been traveling for over 24 hours, doesn’t it?
The girls were excited to see Mimi & Aaron waiting for us, and positively glowed while we waited for our luggage (and waited, and waited, and waited . . . ).

And when we finally made it home, they excitedly explored their bedroom to make sure all was as they left it. It’s been lots of fun watching them find all their old things waiting for them. Maya is saying, “You used to sit here to feed me my bottle, ‘member?” Oh, yes, I remember – I put her back on the bottle when I adopted her at 18 months, for bonding and nutrition purposes, and then I thought I’d never get her off it again! I’m having fun finding our old things, too, since so many come with good memories!
Home again, home again, jiggedy-jig!

No comments: